Fashion Show at Lunch

Fashion Show at Lunch

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Teach Me How to Halter







Remember when I told you guys how hot it is here? WELL...it's not that hot anymore. It's quite nice out really, BUT my friends Mother Nature is as unpredictable as celebrity nude photos getting leaked. So, we must be prepared. Which calls for halter tops! 

There's actually a very funny story about this shirt I'm wearing. It once belonged to my younger sister, Britta. Now, I grew up with four sisters. You always needed to be on full wardrobe watch with these chicks around because the moment you weren't looking, someone was stealing your clothes. (SISSIES IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST ASKED I WOULD HAVE considered LETTING YOU BORROW SOMETHING. THIEVERY IS SHAMEFUL.) So here is my confession: when I was staying in my lovely mother's house a couple weeks before I moved I snuck into Britta's room and snagged this shirt! MUAHAHA. Let me justify this here...Britta had previous informed me she had yet to wear this shirt because she didn't know what to wear it with. I offered to trade her something of mine so I could have the Lennon shirt, but then she left for vacation so I just TOOK IT. The thought was there. However, Britta was furious with me for several weeks about the whole scandal. Seriously...she ignored my phone calls and texts for a good week and made me extensively apologize, and now that she sees I have cut up her t-shirt, I'm fearing for my life. Did I mention John is MY favorite Beatle!? It belongs to me, and Britta...it looks much better now. Srsly. Aaaaaaaand I love you. A lot. *$#**BeSt SiSsY!**#$*

So if you have an old tee you are tryna switch up try this! I hope to pair it with a flowy maxi skirt next. It would also be cute with boyfriend jeans. So here is how it goes down YOU GUYS:

1. Start with your (or your sister's) t-shirt.
2. Cut da sleeves off so it becomes a tank.
 3. Clip along the shoulder until you hit the neck seam.
 4. Cut from the neck diagonally down to the armpits.
5. Flip it over and cut out the bottom of the neck hole. 
 6. Cut along the back, armpit to armpit. (You can cut the back hole as high or deep as you want. I wish I could wear this without a bloody bandeau bra but I can't have these things out and about. But seriously...looks real adorbs without a bra. If you can get away with it, show off dat baaaaack!)


tee: Good Karma Shirt Co. (!)
shorts: thrifted
sandals: Francesca's 
head scarf: it's so old I can't rememberrr!












No comments:

Post a Comment