Fashion Show at Lunch

Fashion Show at Lunch

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fame








Here's what is going on in Iowa right now. Spring is all like "Cooome here, cooome here. Little closer, liiiiittle closer," and then Winter is like "OH NO B**** DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME!?" *BAM* and punches you right in the face. These photos were taken on one of those lovely spring days that I hardly knew. My mom got me this sweatshirt after my most recent show closed and was all like, "IT'S PERFECT FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE GONNA BE FAMOUS!" So then I'm like, "Stoooop Mom. GO ON."

Anyway, I hope it's sort of ironic wearing it around the streets of Iowa City where the most famous anyone can hope to be is an extra on GIRLS. (Can we talk about this? I reeeeally hope they change their minds! UIowa needs some positive publicity, because our school is a TREASURE!) 

I really like putting unexpected things together. It isn't often you can wear a sweatshirt with a skirt but I think it works here! I wanted to add a pattern to go with the solid sweatshirt and it played up the little bits of green in the skirt. It needed accessorizing so I added the vest and the dark boots! Since it isn't quite spring yet, I didn't want to blind people with lots of bright colors!

I just got back from a weekend trip to Las Vegas and LA! I wish I had my trusty photographer with me because my traveling companion Kate and I were workin it on the outfit game! California is so breathtaking and we had such a lovely time seeing friends. I can't waaaaait to move and share our LA adventures with you guys. Thanks for reading!

sweatshirt: Victoria's Secret
skirt: Forever 21
vest: Gap
boots: Dr. Martens

No comments:

Post a Comment