Fashion Show at Lunch

Fashion Show at Lunch

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

TECH-NO-LO-GIC







 Okay I know I talked a bit on wearing all black in the last post, but I feel as though it needs to be addressed again.  If you wanna do an all black ensemble it's all about adding different textures and small pops of color!

I started with my new robot dress! How cute, AMIRIGHT!? Since it's the main focus of the outfit it's nice that there is a great pattern to it. I was able to throw on black tights and a black coat without it feeling too dark. My color was added with my shoes and lip stick per usual. 

What I really I really want you readers to take away from this post is that winter sucks. I am so sick of having to layer! I just want to wear bright colors and mix patterns and frolic in a field. Definitely get excited for what is to come because I've been buying spring clothes like crazy and they are sadly sitting in a dark corner of my closet ready to emerge once the sun decides to! STAY STRONG MY FRIENDS.


ALSO, if you are in the Iowa City area this weekend and next you should come check out my latest play! It's a hilarious British comedy called Absurd Person Singular. If you want to see me run around like a crazy person, cry a lot, and talk in a British accent, this is the play for YOU! Here's a link to the Facebook event page if you want to learn more! 

As always, thanks for reading!


dress: Forever 21
jacket: Gap
tights: Francesca's
hat: it's Kate's, dunno where she got it!
boots: Dr. Martens yo!

2 comments:

  1. Lani! Maude showed me your blog. I love it, and as I was thinking of you & your awesome blog this morning, I thought of some questions for you. Every time I buy black jeans, I LOVE THEM and it's HEAVEN, but then, after a couple washes the black fades and I feel like my jeans or shirts or anything black really don't look as good. Do you have any suggestions for either 1) keeping your black clothing black or 2) ways to rock faded black. Also 40th question for you, since I know you're excited about spring- what are some types of fabric that are the most forgiving in warm weather i.e. wont leave sweat stains or get super wrinkly while being worn AND what are some types of cuts of tops and shorts you might suggest to girls that don't want to show off SO much skin, but enough to be comfortable & cute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait....I replied via email! Did you get it!? Ah I don't know how to work my own blog!

    ReplyDelete